The Nottingham Shoulder and Elbow unit offers one of the very few specialist advisory committee (SAC) approved Fellowships for subspecialty training in Shoulder and Elbow surgery in the UK. This was a 12 month fellowship.
The work was under the supervision of
The unit is provide experience over a broad spectrum of Upper-Limb surgery, some of the procedures undertaken in the unit are
- The Nottingham Total Shoulder Replacement system (Biomet)
- The Nottingham Surgilig for stabilising Acromio-clavicular joint dislocations (Surgicraft)
- The Nottingham Augmentation Device for the repair of tears of the Rotator Cuff Tendons and other indications (Ellis Developments and Pearsalls) - This is a new method of repairing large tears of the rotator cuff, this has now been presented at international meetings.
- The worlds first Sternoclavicular Joint Replacement- A New Option. - this was a publicationTechniques in Shoulder & Elbow Surgery. 6(4):226-229, December 2005.Roy, Bibhas FRCS(Tr&Orth), MSc; Jeyam, M MPhil, FRCS(Tr&Orth); Wallace, W A FRCS(Ed)
- The world's first claviculoplasty
- Scapular replacement Gorham's disease